A Look Into Kenny's Life

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

My First SWU Choir tour.

Well Hello to all. It has been a bit since I wrote anything substantial! haha. Well here goes... I am currently in a host home on the 2007 Spring Tour. We have had 11 concerts already by the end of day 3! Whew! Things started out ok. I lipsinked the first 2 concerts cause I couldn't sing!

Here is where we have been so far:
Shady Grove Wesleyan- Sunday AM service
Wesleyan Arms retirement Center- Sunday afternoon
First Wesleyan Church- High Point, NC Sunday evening

Hayworth Christian academy- Monday morning 8:45 ugh!!!
Wesleyan academy- Monday morning 10:30 (lunch in the exact dining commons my mom ate in!)
Green Street Baptist academy- Monday Afternoon
Rushwood Park Wesleyan Church- Monday evening (Wes and Chris were there!! Yay!! And Gabe!!!! I love lil Gabe!!!) (She has pics mom!!!)

Gaston Day School- Tuesday AM
Holy Angels-Tuesday afternoon 1pm and 1:30 pm
Gastonia Wesleyan-This evening (Pastor Tim and Mary Smith Our EXALT! 2005 Mom!!)

Here is where we are going:
CONCORD MILLS!!!! DAY OFF!!!!
Kannapolis Wesleyan- Wednesday evening

I only know about thursday night. We will be at Brevard Wesleyan home to many of the choir members.


Ok. We are all sick! If everyone could pray for the rest of the tour! WE have seen many spectacular buildings. We have sung in some awesome auditoriums. But, tonight was the best, not because of the place we were in, but because of the brokenness this afternoons activities brought, the unity we pulled from the experience. Holy Angels is a ministry that started 51 years ago. They started as a convent of nuns who stook in mentally and physically handicap people and give them a place to stay. The first child is still there but now is in her 50's and works there! We were all so touch ed and broken for different reasons. There were some who were humbled. There were some who were broken, and those that felt such compassion. Some of us have had different experiences with those with special needs and found it a great joy to be able to connect with the children, teens and adults there. One of the favorite residents, Monty, died this morning. We came at a time where they all needed healing. He was 21 (if I remember correctly) and had down syndrome. He always had a smile on his face they said. He brought joy and life to the place! We had sung our two concerts for them and then Monty's best friend came in. She wanted us to sing one more song. We agreed to sing "Beside The Still Waters" a paraphrase of Psalm 23 before we knew the magnitude of what this last song was. We sang it for them, and even though 75% of the people there didn't know what it meant, the caretakers did. They were in tears, and in worship with us. It was a great experience. Before we got to the Holy Angels homes, I was thinking about how much I didn't see what we were doing on the tour. I didn't feel God as much as I expected. I came from higher expectations listening to IWU chorale and being on the EXALT! 2005 team. But God revealed Himself in a way that was beyond what any of us expected. It was awesome. Well, I have to be up at 7:15 and am battling a cold and a sore throat, and a bunch of other junk! So please keep us in your prayers as we finish this tour out and I'll post when I return.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home